People on this website have a habit of doing stupid things that leave them wide open for exploitation. To avoid further instances of this, we ask that when using this site you please remember the basic rules of internet safety.
1) Do not give out personal information to people you don't know. This includes your name, address, phone number, credit card details, etc. as well as the information of other people. Be especially cautious if somebody asks to meet in person, and apply the same rules you would when dealing with strangers.
2) Don't believe everything you read. Websites like this one tend to attract a lot of people who are crazy, lying or have overactive imaginations. Some come here purely to mislead and torment other users. While we're not advocating rudeness, we do suggest you take everything here with a grain of salt and never let yourself get sucked into other people's affairs.
3) Beware of sexual predators. We do have a few of them on here, and not all of them are obvious. They can be very manipulative so again, we advise safety and caution.
4) Flame wars are not encouraged, as they can turn violent. If somebody is harassing you on this website, ignore them. If what they are doing constitutes a criminal offence, we encourage you to inform the proper authorities.
5) There is a button at the bottom of every blog called "Flag as Offensive". People do regularly flag each other's blogs either to prevent spam or to spite the person who posted them. It's recommended that you back up any content you don't want deleted by flagging.
Above all, use your brain. If something sounds too good or bad to be true, it probably is. If your gut tells you something is dangerous, it's probably right. Be smart, be safe, be sensible.